Slipped disc, also known as herniated disc or prolapsed or ruptured disc. It is a pathological condition where the discs or plate in our spine is displaced or ruptured causing the back and the lower back to undergo pain.
Factors that lead to a Slipped Disc
A herniated disc is a condition that irritates the surrounding nerves that results in pain and inflammation of the arm or leg. The severity of the problem may vary according to the causes that has led to a slipped disc. Following are some of the major causes that can lead to a slipped disc:
- Regular wear and tear of the body
- Certain movements of the body like jerks
- Lifting of heavy objects
- Overweight individuals
Signs of a Slipped Disc
A slipped disc usually calls for pain in any part of the spine, starting from the neck to the lower back. It is the lower back that suffers the most. However, the extra pressure that the slipped disc creates on the nerves and blood vessels surrounding the spinal column, is painful and sometimes prolongs to a longer period of time. Let us look at some of the signs and symptoms of slipped disc:
- Pain and numbness in the affected area
- Pain that gets extended to arms and legs
- Pain that worsens with certain movements in the body
- Unexplained muscle weakness
- Burning sensation in the affected area
- Inflammation in the affected area
Slipped Disc according to Ayurveda
Ayurveda has always been a guide to develop the mind, body and soul in the most natural way possible. The condition of slipped disc according to Ayurveda is viewed as an imbalance in the doshas present in our body. The problem of slipped disc occurs in three stages as per Ayurveda. These are-
- Ayurveda says, lack of proper healthy nutrition is the primary cause of all health issue. And due to this lack of nutrition, it causes desiccation of the disc which further leads to degeneration of the disc.
- Again due to lack of nutrition, the water content (jelly) in our spines tend to get distorted which makes them lose their shape and character.
- This leads the jelly to move in the wrong direction that further makes the spinal column herniated.
Now, on Ayurvedic terms, these above mentioned problems signify the vitiated doshas in each and every stage. As there is lack of nutrition, the disc starts to change shape which allows the disc to move to an unwanted direction. So finding solutions to alleviate the disc rather than the pain related to it is what Ayurveda stresses on.
There are various Ayurvedic treatments for slipped disc and these Ayurvedic cure makes it possible for people to position the ruptured disc and also helps to reduce the pain.
Solutions in Ayurveda by Kairali Ayurvedic Products
Kairali Ayurvedic Products manufactures Ayurvedic medicines for slipped disc that are 100% safe and natural. These Ayurvedic medicine for disc degeneration is highly beneficial to bring the slipped disc under normal placement. Enlisted below are some of the slip disc Ayurvedic medicines by Kairali-
- Rheuma Spa- A pain relieving Ayurvedic medicine for skipped disc and arthritis, Rheuma Spa is a natural solution for alleviating the pain and getting rid of stiffness.
- Yograj Guggulu- Treating arthritic pain, both chronic and acute, this classical medicine is also helpful in relieving the joints from stiffness and numbness.
- Kairheal- This is one of the most beneficial Ayurvedic solutions for slipped disc. It helps to set dislocated bones and strengthen the spinal column.
- Kairtis Oil- Kairtis oil comes with a Potli that is helpful in massaging the affected area and the warmth that this Ayurvedic medicated oil produces helps to reduce the swelling and gives a long-term relief.
- Valiya Rasnadi Kashayam- Helpful in relaxing the muscles and nerves, this Kashayam helps to treat joint pains and provide long-term relief.
- Sparub- This is the best pain relieving ointment that Kairali has. It helps to get rid of any pain, be it headache, muscle pain or general body pain.
- Gandharvahasthadi Avenakkena- Helpfun in relieving stomach pain and is beneficial to treat digestion diseases.
- Dhanwantharam Thailam- This is an effective Ayurvedic oil that is highly beneficial in treating chronic rheumatic and nervous disorders.
- Bala Thailam- Helps in treating various neurological diseases and releases the pain from the muscles and joints.
All the products/medicines are recommended to be used as per the advice given by our Ayurvedic physician.