Corporate Social Responsibility
A business of today must run its activities in a socially acceptable way if it desires to sustain in the long run. Businesses should operate without jeopardizing the fate of the future generation. And for that, business needs to think for the society, environment, and its customers. Continuing business with ethics and contributing to economic development while improving the quality of the life of the workforce and their families demonstrated by the Kairali Ayurvedic Group. The local community and society at large is always considered to be benefitted by the actions.
Successful growth of an organization cannot be measured just by its increasing profitable value; rather it lies in the appreciation and recognition by the community. Kerala also known as the Paradise of Ayurveda, is the home of Kairali-The Ayurvedic Healing Village and our success story would not have been same without the ancient knowledge and wisdom that Kerala has bestowed us with. Therefore it’s our responsibility to pay back in the form of taking its care socially, culturally and environmentally.
A wide range of vital needs of surrounding population are satisfied by our charitable outreach programs.
- Providing Lands for Cultivation: Local farmers, who are suffering from financial crisis and economic difficulties, don’t have their own land to cultivate and find it difficult to feed their families are given agricultural lands by Kairali Ayurvedic Group. Surplus grain is either purchased by Kairali or sold to the local co-operative society.
- Buyback on MSP (Minimum Support Price): We have procedure to buyback grains on MSP from the farmers who have been given land for cultivation from our grounds.
- In alignment with the “Hope” foundation we focus to help local adults especially women in attaining economic independence by upgrading their skills via training.
- Kairali Ayurvedic Group gives donation to the local communities around Palakkad. We also provide financial support, hospital beds and equipments to the local hospital in Chitoor Village and this effort will be continued in future too.
- We have donated computers, tables, chairs, cupboards and money for books to the local school in Kodumbu Village.
- Free medical checkups have been offered to almost 5000 financially weak people and free health consultation along with 2 nights in facility at Kairali has also been offered.
- 90 per cent of our staff at The Ayurvedic Healing Village and other treatment centers is from Palakkad or Kerala. This is done with the aim of hiring the locals and contributing to their financial and economic development. These all are enabled by contributing to a local skills training program.
Charitable ventures who are pursuing to help the environment and less privileged members of the community are keenly supported by Kairali. Active presence of Kairali can be seen in a number of projects.
- Kairali supports Blue Yonder's eco-tourism initiative Traveler's Forest.
- Instigated by their Managing Director, Mr. K.V Ramesh, Kairali gives medical care and support to blind children in association with Hellen Keller Centenary Memorial Model School for the Blind.
- Every year, Kairali Group, adopts a girl and provides her with the corrective surgery.
Organic Business Practices
Every area of our business can depict our concern for the environment and nature. Kairali understands the need for sustainable development and therefore, sustainable practices are used at its organic herb farm in Kerala.
- Vermiculture system has been employed at the Ayurvedic Healing Village to recycle all the organic waste for compost which further is used as a manure to enrich the soil at the organic farm.
- The waste food which is not suitable for even vermiculture is not thrown away, but is sent to the pig farms as their feed.
- Wastage Treatment plant is being installed to recycle and treat the waste products. It is a three tier system to ensure maximum output and sustainability.
- Only CFL lights are used which aid in reducing the carbon footprint and reducing the usage of electricity by 40 per cent. Strict electricity policies are followed to save it.
- State-of-the-art- generator is being used at Kairali outlets to decrease the carbon emissions.
- Moving a step closer to protect our environment, we educate people in and around the resort to minimize the usage of polythene and also raise awareness and knowledge among staff, associates and customers.
- 1.25MW windmill is under planning, which would be an alternate source of energy to run the village.
Kairali is dedicated to enhancing the good name of Ayurveda and follows the strictest parameters in all its product development and treatment practices.
- Dedicated towards promoting Ayurveda across the world, Kairali follows strict parameters for its product development, and treatment therapies and practices.
- Kairali feels proud to apprise that the Silver Jubilee edition of our Souvenir was released on 5th January 2013.
Creation of a Cross Cultural Environment
- The Kairali Ayurvedic Group has been motivating its clients to interact with local people with a hope of generating a cross cultural environment, and fading off the gap of knowledge and culture between the clients and the local communities. This also allows the locals to be exposed to the workings of the modern world.